How to treat neck and shoulder pain in young people?
How to treat neck and shoulder pain in young people
Shoulder and neck pain is a disease increasing day by day and tends to rejuvenate, causing many annoyances every day. Identify causes, symptoms and definitive treatments.
What is neck and shoulder pain?
Neck and shoulder pain syndrome is a form of neuromuscular disorder, which occurs by sudden, local spasms of muscles or damage to bones and joints, cervical vertebra. This causing pain, aches and numb discomfort in neck, shoulder. The pain usually occurs in the morning, when the patient has just woken up or at work, especially office work: typing, reading documents, using a technology device … or overworked labor, working in the wrong position for a long time.
Causes of neck and shoulder pain
Neck and shoulder pain can occur due to many factors, of which the most common cause of neck and shoulder pain is bone, neck and shoulder diseases. However, many people may suffer from neck and shoulder pain due to common mechanical causes.
Some conditions that can cause neck and shoulder pain include:
- Cervical spine disease: herniated disc, cervical spondylosis…
- Neuropathy: nerve dysfunction or over-stretched nerves that cause pain.
- Shoulder and joint disease: Shoulder and neck pain can be a sign of shoulder injuries, dislocated shoulder, shoulder degeneration …
- Osteoporosis: Osteoporosis makes bones brittle and causes neck and shoulder pain.
- Gallbladder disease: gallstones occur when the gallbladder is unable to function normally, leading to pain in the back of the neck or between the shoulder blades.
Other causes of neck and shoulder pain in young people:
- Smoking cigarettes: cigarette smoke reduces the amount of oxygen that goes to the muscles and skin, making the skeletal muscles work ineffectively, leading to the risk of degenerative diseases, neck and shoulder pain.
- Prolonged stress: when stressed for a long time, the body may react to muscle spasms, painful areas of the body, including the neck and shoulder area.
- Inadequate diet: shoulder pain is also due to the body lacking some essential vitamins and minerals, especially calcium, which will make the peripheral nerves work weakly, leading to numbness and pain in the neck and shoulder.
- Sitting at work, living in the wrong position: young people often focus on working continuously without exercising and resting, which leads to a decrease in the circulatory activity speed, blood circulation and exchange. Reduced oxygen exchange in the body will also be more prone to shoulder pain in the neck.
The most common cause of neck and shoulder pain in young people is the peripheral circulatory insufficiency.
Blood stagnation stagnated, poor circulation, reduced blood flow to the shoulder and neck cause neck pain, numb neck pain. Sometimes the pain is dull, sometimes the pain is exacerbated, much pain at night. The pain often spreads to the occipital area and to the shoulders, the arms (especially pain and numbness increase sharply when the hand is raised to the head, to the opposite side), stiff neck muscles make it difficult to bend, tilt or , turning his head naturally, the more the cold hurt. Long-term illness will lead to impaired brain circulation.
Common symptoms of neck and shoulder pain
Shoulder and neck pain is not limited to common acute or chronic pain symptoms. In many cases, some people with neck and shoulder pain also show some accompanying signs such as:
- The pain often appears early in the morning, just waking up or sitting.
- In some people, the pain in the back of the neck is independent. However, others experience numbness or heaviness over the hand.
- The pain in the back of the neck increases with strenuous activity and decreases with rest.
- Feeling dizzy, tinnitus, headache … due to reduced blood flow to the brain.
- Neck and shoulder pain can spread to the head, down the arms, fingers and cause numbness or discomfort.
- Neck stiff, difficult to move flexibly.
How to treat neck and shoulder pain
Cure neck and shoulder pain with Medicine
- Use of Medicines: Painkillers (paracetamol, tylenol 8H ….), Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (diclofenac, meloxicam celecoxib, …), Muscle relaxants (mydocalm, myonal, diazepam), Rhabdomy relaxants (myonal, mydocalm …)
- Surgery: If the neck and shoulder pain does not go away and the painkillers are no longer working, surgical procedures will be performed. There are 2 types of surgery: laser or open surgery.
- Stretching the spine: These tools help support the treatment of neck and shoulder pain and reduce aches and pains effectively.
Mini Nose Hair Trimmer Waterproof Mini Nose Hair Ear Trimmer Shaver Clipper Long nose hair affect your appearance! Do you want to find a compact nose hair removal tool which you can pocket and carry everywhere? The Mini Nose Hair Trimmer is compact and small in size, allowing you to bring it anywhere in your...
Deciding on lighting for high-quality wall artwork is not any simple job. Issues embody the quantity of pure mild in addition to different dwelling decor options. Lighting choices vary from artistic ceiling pendants to recessed lighting. Wall sconces, typically utilized in varied areas of a house, additionally add character and magnificence to a wall artwork show....